Nigeria: Enugu State
The Enugu State of Nigeria 2021, No. 9 law repeals and re-enacts the Enugu State Public Procurement Law No. 10, 2010, establishes the Enugu State Public Procurement Agency which takes on the responsibilities from the Due Process and Budget Monitoring Unit.
Procurement data is currently published via the open contracting portal of the Due Process and Budget Monitoring Unit.
The data are generated from procurement processes that led to the award of contracts in selected Procuring entities in the Enugu state. The data excludes information related to privacy, secrecy, commercial interests, national security, defense, and international relations of the country, according to the Enugu State Public Procurement Act 2021, which provides limitations on the disclosure of some information.
- Available formats:
- Data date range:
- Oct 2020 -
- Last retrieved:
- 17 Oct 2022
- Update frequency:
- OCID prefix:
Open Data Commons Public Domain Dedication and Licence (ODC PDDL)
You are free:
- To share: To copy, distribute and use the database.
- To create: To produce works from the database.
- To adapt: To modify, transform and build upon the database.
As long as you:
- Blank: This section is intentionally left blank. The PDDL imposes no restrictions on your use of the PDDL licensed database.
- Retrieved from:
- Count of parties:
- Count of planning activities:
- Count of tenders:
- Count of tenderers:
- Count of tender items:
- Count of awards:
- Count of suppliers:
- Count of award items:
- Count of contracts:
- Count of contract items:
- Count of transactions:
- Count of documents:
- Count of milestones:
- Count of amendments:
The location extension is used, but the extension is not declared in the package metadata.
The dataset has quality issues to take into account, notably:
- The UNSPSC item classification scheme is used for all items, but the data contains invalid UNSPSC codes: the ‘key’ is used instead of the UNSPSC ‘code’.
- Some contracting processes’ timelines are incoherent, for example, with entries where the last day for submissions is after the contract’s anticipated start date.
- The repetition of award and contract values, and duplicate information between the items and values in the tender, award and contract sections suggests that some values may be misreported.
- All tenders, awards and contracts have
statusset to ‘active’.
- There is inconsistency between
- The data contains null and empty fields and placeholder values such as “NA”.
- The URLs in
tender/documentsonly point to the main portal and not to documents.
Last reviewed: Dec 2021
This OCDS dataset is available for download in JSON, Excel or CSV format. You can download the data for contracting processes in a specific year or for all time.
Each contracting process is represented as one line of JSON text in the
.jsonl file is compressed using Gzip. Windows users need 7-Zip, WinRAR or WinZip to decompress the
Each contracting process is represented as one row in the
main sheet. Other sheets link to it via the
Excel files can have at most 1,048,576 rows. If a year is missing, it had too many rows.